Hi there, back for another note about running while chunky. J A few people asked me why am I labeling myself chunky and how that’s negative and my reply is I’m taking back the negative aspect of the word. It’s better than obese, fat and overweight. I also see the word as more transformative. You can go from chunky to less than chunky. All the other words have opposites like skinny or skinny or skinny. I will never be a stick as God has blessed with thickness but I can strive to be less chunky. But for now..I’m chunky and doing it!!!
Getting started: I’m coming up on my 2 year “runniversary” Yes, I started my Couch to 5K(C25K) program two years ago after coming back from vacation feeling like damnit. You may be feeling like damnit for awhile but I had the perfect storm of vacation and lovely photos that happened to make the local paper because of my father. (that’s another story) Here’s the perfect storm recipe:
1) Eat everything on vacation
2) Buy cute vacation clothes and believe they make you look thinner because there’s a size bigger. Trust me, what’s the different between a 22 and a 20. Not much.
3) Have photos taken in said clothes and still feeling good
4) Get home from vacation and the scale registering 5 extra pounds gain over 5 days, feeling like crap because that’s basically all you eat.
5) See yourself in photos of oneself, hence the word “damnit” escaping your lips and knowing there’s a newspaper that has pics of you..forever.
6) Just do something and quick.
I’m too busy for joining a gym besides its June and the weather is nice. Its summer, kids are out of school and plans are being made. I decided to put me at the top of the planning calendar. What was I gonna do for me this summer to not feel like damnit.
I started my research and found what was the most efficient way to drop weight and feel healthy. I just wanted to feel better, stronger. I just felt like an accident victim just out of the hospital..weak and not sure when standing on both legs. Maybe you don’t think you’re a runner yet but that’s fine. The goal is to just move and keep moving a little more as the days go by.
Google C25K, beginning running, run for weight loss and see what comes up.